It’s still pretty hot in Southern California and I’m holding on to every last bit of summer! I’ve been super into ruffles and stripes lately so when I curated this ruffle stripe dress for Morning Lavender, I knew I had to snag one for myself :). By the way, this dress is suppose to be off the shoulder but I made it strapless as I felt it fitted my petite frame better.
I also took some time to write “A Few Things I Learned” for a recent Morning Lavender blog post and wanted to share them with you guys here as well. It was my birthday earlier this month so I did a bit of my reflection this month. Running a company can be challenging so I’m always seeking ways to improve and grow. As much as I hate getting older, I do feel like I’m learning so much each and every year. So in no particular order, here are a few things I’ve learned:
1. BE YOURSELF. I know you must hear that a lot but it’s really true not only in everyday life but in everyday busy. It’s actually quite hard to be authentic in the fashion industry and we feel are customers are loyal because we always strive to be on brand and true to our style.
2. DON’T BE SCARED. I’m scared of quite a lot of things (i.e. ketchup, roller coasters, heights, etc…) but one thing I’m not afraid to do anymore is make mistakes. To be honest, we’ve made a ton of mistakes as a business (we are human guys!) but the important thing it to learn from them. We wouldn’t be where we are today if we hadn’t constantly strive to improve our product, efficiency and service.
3. BE NICE. It’s easy to look cute on Instagram but you really never know what people are dealing with. Everyone has highs and lows in their daily lives so our policy is to always smile and be nice! We believe kindness (and cute clothes) goes a long way!
4. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD PEOPLE. I know everyone says this, but I really, really love my team! It’s important to have people that share the same passions and purpose. We are 90% female and we are 100% committed to bringing you beautiful clothes for every woman!
5. YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO IT ALL. This coincides with point #4 – if you have good people, you must trust them. It was hard for me to let go and delegate in the beginning, but now I realized that I must trust my team and the experts in my field. I don’t have all the answers and teamwork makes everything better. Plus it allows me a true work/life balance and more time to play dress up :).
Photography – Jason Huang
Ruffle Stripe Dress – Morning Lavender – size S
Round Straw Bag – Morning Lavender
Shoes – Old Vince Camuto but love similar options HERE and HERE
Sunglasses – Urban Outfitters